Fox News - Fair & Balanced

Wednesday, April 7, 2010 as of 11:14 AM ET

Search Site

Entertainment
  • Tiger Woods Apologizes for 'Transgressions' as More Affairs Are Alleged

    (AP)

    (AP)

    Tiger Woods apologized Wednesday for hurting his family as more women were romantically linked to the married golfer.

    In a written statement, Woods said, “I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings.”

    Last week, two days before Woods crashed his sport utility vehicle into a fire hydrant and tree outside his house, the National Enquirer published a story alleging that Woods had been seeing a New York nightclub hostess, and that they were recently together in Melbourne, where Woods competed in the Australian Masters.

    SLIDESHOW: Tiger Woods’ three alleged mistresses.

    The woman, Rachel Uchitel, denied having an affair with Woods.

    Since then, San Diego cocktail waitress Jaimee Grubbs told to Us magazine that she had a 31-month-long affair with the golf champ, and Life & Style magazine has a story claiming Woods had a sexual relationship with Vegas nightclub manager Kalika Moquin.

    The allegations of infidelity continue to multiply as the ramifications from his accident recede. The world’s most famous golfer will only be cited for careless driving outside his home in the exclusive gated community of Isleworth. It will add four points to his driving record, but he will not face criminal charges, the Florida Highway Patrol said Tuesday.

    POP TARTS: George Clooney Playfully Pokes Fun at Tiger Scandal.

    Woods, 33, who was briefly unconscious after the crash, did not speak with investigators at the time of the accident. Authorities said he complied with Florida law by providing his driver’s license, vehicle registration and proof of insurance to investigators.

    Florida “is not pursuing criminal charges in this matter nor is there any testimony or other evidence to support any additional charges of any kind other than the charge of careless driving,” said Sgt. Kim Montes, a spokesman for the highway patrol.

    But while Woods will not face criminal charges, he may face backlash from fans, and even sponsors, if new details of alleged sordid affairs continue to surface.

    POP TARTS: Sponsors Will Have Woods on a Short Leash.

    Us magazine obtained a frantic voicemail from Woods to Grubbs begging the 24-year-old to take her name off her phone.

    “My wife went through my phone and may be calling you,” he told Grubbs on the recording. ”So if you can, please take your name off that. Just have it as a number on the voicemail. You got to do this for me. Huge. Quickly. Bye.”

    OPINION: Leave Tiger Alone Already!

    Grubbs shared some of the 300 racy text messages between her and Woods, including requests for “naughty” photos and promises to “wear you out.”

    Woods was reportedly willing to pay for Grubbs’ travel expenses and, according to Radar Online, did the same for Uchitel. Radar reports that it was Tiger’s organization that booked and paid for Uchitel’s stay in Australia.

    FULL COVERAGE: Click for FoxNews.com’s complete coverage of the Tiger Woods scandal.

    But the National Enquirer’s report on the Uchitel affair may not have been the first time the magazine had dirt on the billionaire golfer. According to the New York Post, the Enquirer covered up a story of a steamy extramarital affair two years ago in exchange for an exclusive cover story for sister magazine Men’s Fitness.

    Former Fitness editor Neal Boulton told the Post that he left the magazine after the “seedy” deal went through in 2007.

    “We were going to [do a quid pro quo with] America’s favorite sports star, just to get his name on the cover of a magazine,” Boulton said. “That was too much for me. That’s when I high-tailed it out of there.”

    LIVESHOTS: Read Tiger Wood’s full statement.

    In his statement, Woods pledged to be a better father and husband, all while denouncing the press’ scrutiny of his private life.

    “No matter how intense curiosity about public figures can be, there is an important and deep principle at stake which is the right to some simple, human measure of privacy. I realize there are some who don’t share my view on that. But for me, the virtue of privacy is one that must be protected in matters that are intimate and within one’s own family. Personal sins should not require press releases and problems within a family shouldn’t have to mean public confessions.

    RELATED: Are Men Wired To Cheat?

    “I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves. For all of those who have supported me over the years, I offer my profound apology.”

blog comments powered by Disqus

about this blog

  • The FOX411 Blog is your first call for celebrity and entertainment news. FOX411 brings you the latest scoops using FOX’s unmatched reach in news, entertainment, TV and the Internet. Click on back now, ya hear?


GOT A TIP? E-MAIL US! 

Subject:

Description:

Attach a photo:

most popular posts